Quarantine & Chill

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this time. It is an interesting time for all and I hope you are finding ways to stay sane during this time.

One of the things helping me has been home improvement projects. My fiance' and I purchased our first home together at the end of last summer and I have been on a mission to make it ours ever since.

My first project was painting an accent wall in our dining room. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted a room with black walls, but like most parents, mine told me it was too dark so I was never able to have it. Once we were in the market for our own place, I knew I needed to have it somewhere and the dining room seemed perfect. In my mind, it gives an elevated elegance and edge that I feel is reflective of our style (well more me but he loves it too! lol)

I don't have a picture before but here is the finished wall featuring Moana, our plant baby.

 

We still need to finish getting furniture and decor pieces but I'm already obsessed!

Some tips from me on using dark paint:
  • Make sure that you are using it in an area that typically gets a lot of light so that it doesn't make your room feel small.
  • Be creative. I just painted an accent wall but don't be afraid to use different patterns or techniques to create interest.
  • Use a finish that is reflective of the space and your lifestyle. While I love matte paint and think it would have been amazing in the space, I chose a high gloss because it added some pop, I felt like it would help reflect light and with it being in an eating space I knew it would be easier to clean. We don't have children yet but in the future we will and they are unpredictable.
  • Lastly, have fun with it! It's just paint and if you end up not liking it, you can always change it.


Below are some inspo pics from Pinterest for where I'm trying to go with our dining room.



Next Up: Updating the powder room...

Comments

  1. I love it!! And you should already know that I STAN you blogging again...welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts